How to download your Xbox 360 profile on your Xbox One
On this day and age, with the changing of the generation, it is hard to keep up with all of your previous games that you played not so long ago. It can be frustrating for you or someone else who is playing on both consoles. Maybe there’s a friend who just arrived at your house and has no idea what they’re in for! With this in mind, we have developed an interesting tutorial that will help alleviate some of those issues. So, how do you download your profile from the past generation to the new one? Well, it’s actually quite simple and takes only a few steps to complete. Just keep reading and you’ll be done in no time!
How to download Xbox 360 profile on Xbox One?
First, you must create a new profile on your Xbox One console [don’t worry, it’s easy!]. You can use this article if you want to know how to create an Xbox One profile. Once the account is created, you will be prompted with the following: “Are you ready to start using your new Xbox Live Gamertag?” And yes my friend, you are! Simply select “Yes”.
Once you have created the account for your Xbox One, it is time to link the new profile to your Xbox 360 games console. Just follow these steps:
– Open the Xbox One Guide
What to do if you can’t find your profile
If you can’t find your profile or archives, you may have deleted your profile. All that needs to be done is to turn off the Xbox One and wait 5-10 minutes for the system to clear the cache. Make sure that you are not removing or accessing any files while this process is taking place. Eventually, it should show up on My games and apps in your dashboard. If you’ve tried all of these steps and still haven’t found your profile, try the next few steps.
How to download xbox one profile on new Xbox One
1. Go to Xbox.com and sign in using your Xbox live, Microsoft account or Microsoft account with email address.
2. Click “My profile” at the top-right of the page and select “My profile” from the drop-down menu. If you don’t see this option, scroll down until you find it on your list of options.
3. Click “Download” next to the name of your Xbox One console. (If you don’t see this option, click the Deployment info icon in the top-right corner then select Download.)
4. Navigate to your hard drive, right click the downloaded profile and choose Extract All… from the pop-up menu.
You can find this profile at My Documents\My Games\Name of Game\Saved Profiles\Profile Name.
5. Copy this file to your desktop, in a location you can easily find later (you’ll need it in step 10).
6. Go to My Games & Apps by pressing the Xbox button on your controller and selecting it.
How to merge two profiles together
This is a straightforward process that can be completed two ways. If you have an Xbox account that you used on your Xbox 360, head to the website and log in. Once logged in, hit the “My Account” page and then click on “Manage Profile”. You will see a list of profiles under “Play history”. Select the one that you wish to merge the two of them and once you are done, click on “Merge profile”. It will then prompt you to select the profiles that you wish to merge. Make sure that all the options have been selected and then click on “Continue”.
The second way to merge two profiles is by using the controller. Make sure your Xbox One ‘s controller is connected to your computer via a USB cable. Once connected, open up a web browser and visit http://myaccount.microsoft.com/ and then enter in your Microsoft account login and password. Once logged in, you will be greeted with a list of different accounts and then click on your name at the top of the screen next to “Account”. It will then guide you through the steps to merge two profiles.
How to create a new profile
Go to the Xbox One dashboard and choose “Sign in”. Choose a user from the list and then select either “Create new” or “Add new”. If you’re creating a new profile, it will ask for your age, sex, and first name. It will also ask you for your Gamertag. You can skip through this part as we will be adding another profile along with the one that was just created. Once added, you will be given 4 options that you can choose from:
2. Games & Apps
3. Account Management & Store
4. Settings” [NB: You will only see these screens if you are logged in with your Xbox Live account] “Choose “Settings” and then select your profile. Once selected, it will load the profile information. Scroll all the way down until you see “Others can see your communications”. Select this and then select “Teams” from the options that pop up underneath it. Underneath “Teams”, you will see some options such as “Create a new team” or “Join an existing team”. Choose either one depending on your preference.
What to do if you forget your password
If you forget your password and can’t log in, initiate the process by visiting this website: https:account.microsoft.comlogin?… You will need to put in your e-mail address and password in order to view your account. This should be something that you remember since it contains all of the information about you such as e-mail address and secret question answer that you provided when signing up for the Xbox service. Once you have done this, you will be able to view your account and click on the “Create profile” button. This should help you with getting your password back into memory and you will be able to proceed to login again.
Source(s): https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/forgot-password?… ★★★★★★★★★★ https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/account#forgotpass ★★★★★★★★… 1 of 3 people found this useful..
Source(s): 1 of 3 people found this useful.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5w20wfutiiu5if/o… https://www.dropbox.com/s/hj57kpe1tda4by4/q…
Source(s): https://support.xboxone.com/?… 2 of 3 people found this useful..
Source(s): 2 of 3 people found this useful.. http://supportlibrary.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/… https://www.drive2.ru/l/145969510845196588/?i…
Source(s): http://supportlibrary.custhelp.com… 3 of 4 people found this useful..