What is the difference between a regular toil and a strategic toil
A regular toil is used to copy a specific blueprint at the location of the player, while a strategic toil will allow you to create any blueprint at will. If you have not yet unlocked the ability to craft a blueprint, you can use this guide to learn how to activate the ability to do so. To locate a blueprint, simply follow these steps:
1. Locate a terminal by opening your in-game menu (press ESC) and locating the command prompt.
2. Once you have located the terminal, open it with your interact key (default is E).
3. Once you have successfully opened the terminal, you will notice that each of the different tabs allows access to a different set of information. The third tab from the left, labeled “blueprints”, will contain every blueprint that has been unlocked by your player at that point in time.
How can you tell if you need a strategic toil
If the blueprint requires you to use either a lot of goo or a large number of blocks, then you are probably trying to craft it using a conventional toil. If such isn’t the case and you have the blocks but not the goo necessary for crafting, then it could be a strategic toil. If you are missing the blocks, but have the goo, you need to locate a blueprint. If you are missing both, then it is most likely a regular toil.
If you are looking for blocks but don’t know where to start, try looking at the material color of a block next to it in the crafting table. If the block is only available in certain colors, then it may not be discoverable. You can also try friends or strangers on multiplayer servers, but it’s entirely possible that they’ve already discovered this block.
The best way to tell if a toil needs wood or red goo is to look at the ingredient when using that exact recipe. It will tell you exactly what blocks to use. To do so, you need to open the recipe book and hover your cursor over the block it tells you to use. Then right click on it and look at its text. If that information is in red, then it needs red goo. If it is in black, then it needs wood. If you do not get any information when hovering over the block, then you can’t tell.
What are the benefits of having a strategic toil
Other benefits include being able to craft a blueprint anywhere you can reach, and no matter what you have on your map. Since strategic toils may carry blocks with them, you can also use these to travel far and wide if needed. Additionally, using strategic toils for crafting will save you a lot of time because you won’t have the need to move blocks or go through the hassle of using regular toil. So, if you are new to the game and don’t have a lot of experience with making things, it is highly recommended to use strategic toils instead.
Title:What are the benefits of having a strategic toil [ARTICLE END]
Title:How do I get steel?
This is not a difficult task. You can either mine it or trade for it. The easiest way is probably by trading. However, you might need some coal in order to trade for steel from other players. If you mine steel, you will have to mine iron as well.
Title:How do I get cobblestone?
You can either mine it or trade for it. The easiest way is probably by trading. However, you might need some coal in order to trade for cobblestone from other players. If you mine cobblestone, you will have to mine sandstone as well.
How can you make sure your strategic toil is effective
a. Locate a blueprint that uses a block you have on hand (as blocks are produced through regular toils, you can use strategic toils for this).
b. Place the block on your desk to metaphorically represent the block you are trying to remove.
c. Evaluate how well your strategic toil is going and whether or not it has been effective with a view towards reaching your goal in a timely manner.
d. Repeat steps a and c until you’ve found exactly the strategic toil that works for you.
e. Place this block on top of your desk along with all the other obstacles to your goal.
i. Do not try and remove it from the desk until you have used this strategic toil for a set period of time (anywhere from 1-4 weeks should be fine, although more is better).
ii. Once you’re finished with that period of time, select a different strategic toil.
iii. Place the new strategic toil on your desk and repeat steps a-e.
iv. When you’ve finished with that period of time, select a new strategic toil… and so on, until your goal is achieved or you’ve given up the entire project due to the amount of time it’s taking you.
v. Congratulations; your work is now complete!
What should you do if you don’t have time for a strategic toil
b. Craft the blueprint using a regular toil, then use your strategic toil to execute the Blueprint Upgrades.
1. If you want to speed up the process of building your car, you want to figure out how to use strategic toil much sooner in the process.
2. You would first start by creating a blueprint of how you want your overall vehicle build to look like using a regular toil, then use those blueprints as guidelines for each individual part.
3. Once you have your complete blueprint, use strategic toil to upgrade the individual parts.
4. Once all the parts have upgraded, then use strategic toil again to make sure the blueprint is properly implemented in the car. (You may not need this step but it is always good practice.)
5. Once the blueprint has been fully implemented and everything works as expected, then you are done with construction and can simply have fun with your built car.
c. Create a blueprint that does not involve strategic toil, then use strategic toil to execute the blueprint upgrades.
1. This method is better for those who are not in a hurry because it will require you to have time for each step of the process.