Introduction: What is Reporting a Post on Instagram?
And, yes, you can report a post on Instagram even if you don’t have an Instagram account or don’t know the person posting something offensive.
So, how does reporting a post work on Instagram? Here is what you need to do:
1) Find the post in question.
2) Click the three dots at the top right of said post and select “Report this post”.
3) Choose a reason for your report (they provide various reasons such as “Violating Community Guidelines” or “Nudity’).
4) Click “Report”. You will receive an email confirmation when the report has been reviewed by Instagram.
5) You can also report a post in the comments. Scroll down to see the person’s name and then click three dots and select Report (you will get a pop-up window where you can type in your reason).
If you choose to report something via Instagram’s iOS or Android app, the steps are: