Making pixel art in Procreate
Making pixel art in Procreate is a great way to create retro-style graphics and artwork. In this article, we will show you the way to make pixel art in Procreate.
What is pixel art and why has it become so popular?
Pixel art is a type of digital art composed of small squares, or “pixels”. It’s used widely to create retro-style graphics and has become increasingly popular recently. Its popularity stems from the fact that it can be made on a variety of devices and with a variety of software applications.
The basics of making pixel art in Procreate
- Open Procreate and create a new document.
When making pixel art in Procreate, you’ll first want to create a new document and choose the “Pixel Art” preset. Next, you’ll need to select a color palette.
- Pick a color scheme for your pixel art.
There are several different ways to do this, but one of the most common is to select “Basic Colors” from the menu and then use the eyedropper tool to choose a color from an image or another part of your canvas.
- Select the brush tool and choose a size that will work well for your pixel art.
Once you have your colors selected, you can start making your pixel art by drawing individual squares using the brush tool. You can adjust the size and opacity of your brush as needed, and you can also use the “Stroke” and “Eraser” tools to modify your pixels. The “Text” tool can also be used to add text and other elements to your design.
- Begin drawing your pixel art using the color you chose in step 2.
- Once you are finished, export your artwork as a PNG file.
When you’re finished, you can export your pixel art as a PNG or JPEG file. If you wish to work on it later, you can save it as a Procreate file.
How to color and shade your pixel art in Procreate
One of the advantages of making pixel art in Procreate is that you can add color and shading to your artwork using a limited number of colors. This can be done by adjusting the opacity of your brush or by using the “Stroke” tool to create different effects. You can also use the “Blur” and “Sharpen” tools to add shading and highlights to your artwork.
Some tips and tricks for making pixel art in Procreate look more professional
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you create more professional-looking pixel art:
- Use a grid or ruler to help you align your pixels.
- Use the “Lock” tool to prevent yourself from accidentally moving or deleting pixels.
- Experiment with different color combinations and shading effects to create unique and interesting artwork.
- Save your work as a Procreate file.
- Share your artwork with other pixel artists online and get feedback on how to improve your skills.
- Keep practicing and learning new techniques to improve your pixel art skills.
Examples of pixel art that you can refer to
Here are a few amazing artwork that you can use as inspiration:
- “The Legend of Zelda” by Pixelated-Pixels
- “Final Fantasy” by Mokona-chan
- “Pokémon” by Zettt
- “Super Mario Bros.” by Pixelated-Pixels
- “The Elder Scrolls” by Kamil
- “Assassin’s Creed” by Zeronis
- “Portal” by Jowybean
- “Angry Birds” by Pixelated-Pixels
- “Pac-Man” by RetroPixelArt
- “The Witcher 3” by Zeronis
As you can see, there is a lot of amazing pixel art out there that you can use as inspiration. Continue to practice and master new techniques, and you’ll soon be able to produce your own incredible pixel artworks.
A few words on the history of pixel art and where it might be headed in the future
Pixel art is a type of digital art that has been around for decades, and its popularity has ebbed and flowed over the years. However, it seems to be experiencing a resurgence in popularity lately, with more and more people creating amazing pixel artworks.
There is no certain way to know where pixel art might head in the future, but it seems likely that its popularity will continue to grow. Some people argue that pixel art is a more genuine form of art, since it’s not reliant on technology or software gimmicks. Others simply enjoy the retro aesthetic and nostalgic feeling that pixel art evokes.
Whatever the reason, it’s clear that pixel art is here to stay, and it will continue to be a popular form of digital art for years to come.
I recommend visiting the following websites if you want to learn more about pixel art:
- The Pixel Art Academy – This website is a great resource for beginners, with lots of tutorials and tips on how to create amazing pixel artworks.
- PixelJoint – This website is a great community for pixel artists of all levels, with lots of tutorials and resources.
- Reddit – The /r/pixelart subreddit is a great place to find inspiration and feedback on your pixel art works.
- YouTube – There are lots of great pixel art tutorials on YouTube, so be sure to check out some of them.
- Pinterest – Check out amazing pixel art pins on Pinterest in order to look for some pixel art inspiration.
- Google – You can find lots of great resources and tutorials about pixel art by doing a quick Google search.
- Art Tutorials – This website is a great resource for all types of art tutorials, with lots of tutorials on how to create pixel art.
We hope you learned how to make pixel art in Procreate from this article. In the comments section below, please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions. Thank you for reading!