What is hootsuite and what do they offer
Hootsuite is a social media management software system. The company’s tool has become popular in the area of social media marketing due to its “agile” approach and “scalable deployment”. It allows users to schedule posts, monitor and measure the performance of their social media marketing for clients. The company was founded in 2009.
Hootsuite also takes advantage of open APIs that allow third parties to integrate their own applications and services to the network. This has made it one of the most successful marketing tools available on the market.
In 2011, co-CEO Ryan Holmes founded Hootsuite Media Inc., a company that would focus on monetizing the Hootsuite platform by providing additional value to companies and businesses as well as giving them an effective and efficient tool for managing their social media presence.
In April 2014, Hootsuite announced that it was the first company to monetize its social media network with over 1 million subscribers using their paid plans. (Source: Mashable.com)
Key Products and Services:
Hootsuite Pro – Plan for social media management (most popular plan) [These are the plans](http://hootsuite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HootSuite_products_pricing-1024×669.png)
Hootsuite Business – Plan for social media management and business intelligence [These are the plans](http://hootsuite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/HootSuite_products_pricing-1024×669.png)
The different types of integrations and apps that are available
The platform has gained a lot of popularity in the social media marketing industry and this can be attributed to the fact that it offers its users a great number of integrations and applications that are beneficial to their business. Although the tool itself is free-to-use, there are some functionalities that need to be paid for. The different types of integrations and applications available include:
2. E-mail list management
3. Media tracking, targeting and analytics with third-party apps
4. Event marketing, e-newsletters, polls and contests with third-party apps
6. Audience amplification & Referral Marketing (similar to viral marketing)
7. Integrated products such as AdWords and SEO with third-party apps or SaaS solutions.
8. Live chat, media streaming and live event streaming with third-party apps.
9. Twitter Cards, news, sharing and syndication with third-party apps or SaaS solutions.
10. Customer service and CRM integration with third-party apps or SaaS solutions.
11. Scheduled social media publishing, custom publishing times with third-party apps.
12. Facebook Page integration and management with third-party apps or SaaS solutions.
How to connect your accounts to hootsuite
Connect their social media accounts to the platform. The first thing done is that they have to connect their accounts to the platform. There are three different ways of connecting: from your account panel, from your contacts list or from the partner’s website.
Connecting an account with hootsuite can be done in just one click, as seen on many different social media platforms. The first thing to do is to log in to hootsuite and once registration has been completed, select “add a new account” and then enter the desired username and password of the social media platform you want to connect.